Thursday, July 24, 2008

Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie twins conceived through in vitro

New parents Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie turned to fertility treatments when they decided to add to their family, a source told Us Weekly.
"They conceived through in vitro fertilization," a Brangelina pal said. "They both desperately wanted more babies soon."
Jolie, 33, opted for the pricey procedure so "she wouldn't have to deal with the stress of trying to get pregnant," the source added. "She could just knock it out."
Fraternal twins Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline were born on July 12 at a hospital in Nice, France.
The babies' power-couple parents have spoken about a desire to have several more children. Jolie said on "The Daily Show" last year that she and Pitt can't decide how many children they want. "It fluctuates between seven and 13 or 14," she said. "We kind of feel like, damn it, we're up for the challenge."
But, according to the Brangelina insider, the couple "were too impatient" in their wish to have children while they're young.
The twins join siblings Shiloh, 2, Zahara, 3, Pax, 4, and Maddox, 6.Pitt's publicist had no comment on Thursday
Read More

50 Cent says Taco Bell stole his endorsement

Rapper and hip-hop mogul 50 Cent sued Taco Bell on Wednesday, saying the restaurant chain made him the star of its hip-hop themed ad campaign without his permission and without paying him a fee.
50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, accused the Mexican-style fast food chain of "diluting the value of his good name" and employing a guerrilla advertising campaign to fool consumers into thinking he had endorsed the chain, said the lawsuit, filed in Manhattan federal court.
"Without seeking or obtaining Jackson's authorization, defendant Taco Bell made him the star and focus of its nationwide advertising campaign by using his name, persona and trademark to promote Taco Bell's business and products," court papers said.
The lawsuit accuses the chain of disseminating a letter, addressed to 50 Cent, that encourages the rapper to change his name to "79 Cent," "89 Cent" or "99 Cent."
The letter was designed to promote the company's "79-89-99 Cent Why Pay More" campaign, while avoiding the multimillion-dollar fee the rapper might have charged to use his name, the lawsuit said.
Rob Poetsch, a spokesman for Taco Bell Corp, said, "We made a good faith, charitable offer to 50 Cent to change his name to either 79, 89, or 99 Cent for one day by rapping his order at a Taco Bell, and we would have been very pleased to make the $10,000 donation to the charity of his choice." Taco Bell is operated by Yum! Brands.
The lawsuit said the Taco Bell letter was eventually sent to the rapper, but only after it had been circulated to reporters.
"As Taco Bell intended, many customers believed that 50 Cent had agreed to endorse Taco Bell's products. Indeed, postings on numerous Internet 'blogs' castigated 50 Cent for 'selling out' by his apparent endorsement of Taco Bell," the lawsuit said.
Since his debut album in 2003, 50 Cent has built a business with a record label, a clothing and footwear line, ringtones and video games. He has also starred in a movie based on his life, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'."
Read More

Game Says He Wasn't Taking A Shot At Eminem In Leaked Track



No more speculation necessary: The Game says he wasn't taking a shot at Eminem in a recently leaked track.
After a version of the L.A.X. song "My Life" hit the Web on Wednesday night, fans were confused by some lyrics that seemed to be aimed at Slim Shady: "All the pictures of me and Em, I burned them/ So there ain't no proof I walked through 8 Mile/ And so since it ain't no Proof, I'll never walk through 8 Mile."
The Compton rapper explained himself with a statement on Thursday afternoon (July 24). "When I originally wrote the song 'My Life,' I was trying to think back on events that affected my life and how they changed me," Game said. "When I first got signed to Aftermath and G-Unit, I was exposed to so many different people — from Dre to Em to 50 to Proof. I always identified with Proof. We were always cool, and he would reach out to me whenever I was going through something. I remember when Proof died vividly, and now every time I think about going to Detroit, I get depressed. That is what I was trying to say in that verse. And the more I looked at it, I realized that people would take it the wrong way."
Game went on in his statement to say that the references to Em and Proof have been taken out of the song. True to his word, a new version of "My Life" surfaced Thursday with new lyrics: "I ain't no preacher, but here's my Erick Sermon/ So eat this black music and tell me how it taste now/ And f--- Jesse Jackson because it ain't about race now."
"I decided to change it so that this bullsh-- wouldn't happen, and now it's happened anyway," Game continued in his statement. "For the record, this is not the version on my album, this is not the version that radio will get, and this is not the version that I just shot the video to. Furthermore, I apologize to anyone who took this the wrong way as that was never my intention."
Game and Lil Wayne have indeed finished the video for "My Life." Game and Travis Barker also have a video for "Dope Boys" that should be hitting soon. L.A.X. is due August 26.
Read More

Here's how Miley Cyrus should handle her teen transition

Even teen stars need to age gracefully. That is, unless they want to grow up to be Danny Bonaduce.
Lately, Miley Cyrus has been doing her damnedest to make the transition from imp to icon, with considerable help from the worldwide powerhouse that is the Disney empire. But her first move in this direction backfired big time. The quasi-nude Vanity Fair spread drew howls of outrage from parents, and shrieks from kids who thought it beneath their sweet idol.
The problem? Miley and her people went for an outdated way of "growing" a young star's public image. In the recent past, baby stars wanting to seem adult have taken a page from the early Madonna playbook: Shock people into paying you heed. Britney did that way back when she swapped spit with the grande dame. And Lindsay has done it with seemingly every move she has made in the last three years.
Certainly this has made them more famous. But has it made them more successful and respected? Not so much.
This week, Miley made more moves toward adult respectability by naming her just-released album "Breakout," and releasing it on the grownup Hollywood label rather than the baby Disney imprint of her earlier work.
That's a start. But there is more choppy water to navigate if Miley is going to follow the successful child-to-adult star trajectory of people like Jodie Foster and Christian Bale (on the acting tip) and Usher and Justin Timberlake (on the musical one). With some nudging, young Miley can make the transition while maintaining both a thriving career - and her dignity.
Read More

Eminem Working On Encore To, Uh, Encore


For Eminem fans, the four-year wait since the Detroit MC released his last studio album, Encore, has been painful. But according to Dr. Dre’s latest protégé, Bishop Lamont, the end of the drought could be right around the corner. “Em is excited,” Lamont said, according to an Entertainment Weekly blog report. “He’s been quiet too long, and he’s got a lot to get off his chest.”
No release date has been set yet for the album, but Em’s label confirmed that he’s in the studio at work on the album. The 35-year-old MC has been on hiatus for the past two-plus years, in part to deal with his emotions about the 2006 death of best friend and fellow D12 member Proof in a bar shooting in Detroit, but Lamont said Slim Shady is emerging from his grief. “He went through what he had to go through, and now he’s been able to take all the pain and stress and put it out in his music.”
Has Slim Shady waited too long to return, or are you still excited for his comeback? Tell us what you think!
Read More

Leaked Game Track -- Featuring Lil Wayne -- Causes Speculation With Curious Eminem Reference

Coming off his song "Game's Pain," it's clear the Game's mood isn't getting any brighter. "My Life," another track from his L.A.X. LP was leaked Wednesday night. It features Lil Wayne and showcases more of Game's wordplay and his very vocal torment.
"All the pictures of me and Em, I burned them," he raps, referencing Slim Shady. "So there ain't no proof I walked through 8 Mile/ And so since it ain't no Proof, I'll never walk through 8 Mile/ Sometimes I think about my life with my face down/ Then I see my sons and put on my Kanye smile."
Later, he references Notorious B.I.G. "Biggie, Brooklyn's Jesus, shot for no f---in' reason/ And you wonder why Kanye West wears his Jesus pieces."
Game also talks about his own troubles, rhyming over the slow, melancholy track. "Hated on so much, 'Passion of the Christ' needs a sequel/ Yeah, like Roc-A-Fella needs a [Beanie] Sigel."
"You ain't grindin' till you die," Wayne sings on the hook, with some help from the Auto-Tune. "So I'm grindin' with my eyes wide looking to find a way through the day/ ... Dear Lord, you have taken so many of my people/ I'm just wondering why you haven't taken my life."
Game's next video, however, is more upbeat. It's called "Dope Boys" and features Travis Barker. The two recently shot the clip in California. You'll see heavy performances as well as some explicit images of hustling. Game's L.A.X. is slated for release later this summer.
What do you think Game is rapping about?
Read More

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Snoop Dogg to remix ABC soap opera theme

Snoop Dogg is bringing some street cred to "One Life to Live." The 36-year-old rapper will make an extended cameo on the ABC soap opera to perform two songs from his new album, "Ego Trippin'," at the Ultra Violet club in the town of Llanview, the network said Thursday.
more stories like this
Snoop's episodes will air May 8 and May 9, and feature his re-mixed version of the show's theme song. He will also act in scenes.
"I've been a fan of `One Life to Live' since I was a baby," said Snoop, who's set to perform "Sensual Seduction" and "Life of Da Party."
"My momma always had it on the tube in tha crib growing up. The opportunity to change up the theme song and give it some of my flavor will make the show the Life of The Party."
Mary J. Blige, Nelly Furtado, Chris Botti, Erykah Badu, Timbaland and Keri Hilson have also performed on the show.
Read More

Spears 'having a blast' on CBS' 'Mother'

Britney Spears is relishing her new role on "How I Met Your Mother." Spears has been taping her much-hyped cameo on the CBS sitcom for the March 24 episode, in which she portrays a receptionist in a dermatologist's office named Abby who crushes on Ted (Josh Radnor).
more stories like this"Working at `How I Met Your Mother' has been so terrific," Spears said in a statement Thursday. "Everyone, including the cast, the crew and the producers, has been wonderful and Abby is such a fun girl to play. I'm having a blast!"
CBS spokesman Kelli Raftery said Spears attended a table reading with the cast on Monday, did a "run-through" on Tuesday and filmed scenes Wednesday. Raftery confirmed reports that Spears' divorced parents -- James and Lynne -- dropped by the "Mother" set on Wednesday.
Spears was scheduled to shoot scenes Thursday.
Radnor told People.com that "on the first day of the shoot, Britney knew her lines better than I knew mine. She's been great to work with."
Spears has previous TV sitcom experience playing a character on a 2006 episode of "Will and Grace." She was also the host and musical guest on "Saturday Night Live" in 2000.
"How I Met Your Mother," returning Monday with all-new episodes following the writers strike, co-stars Radnor, Jason Segal, Alyson Hannigan, Cobie Smulders and Neil Patrick Harris as twentysomethings living in New York City.
Spears has been under the conservatorship of her father, James, following bizarre behavior and two hospitalizations. She is also locked in a custody battle with ex-husband Kevin Federline over the former couple's sons, Jayden James, 1, and Sean Preston, 2.

Read More

Friday, March 14, 2008

Britney Spears Doesn’t Need Kim Kardashian’s Help!

Hollywood socialite and sex tape superstar Kim Kardashian has decided to lend Britney Spears a hand of support by offering to give the pop tart a makeover. Kardashian, who owns a boutique in Hollywood, says she "would love, love, love to give Britney Spears a makeover."
Kim Kardashian: Photo Credit: Rachel Worth/ WENN"I think that she is so cute and sweet and has a great style," adds the reality star.
"But it's all fallen apart and it's a mess now. I would love to bring her back to where she used to be."
Newsflash Kim: Britney doesn't need your help.
And I bet the American pop icon would appreciate it if you didn't use her name to gain publicity for own good.
Kim Kardashian is a bigger attention whore than Paris Hilton. The only reason she even mentioned Britney's name is because she knows she'll make news headlines if she does.
Britney may be a mess right now but the last thing she needs is help from a trashy wannabe superstar.
Read More

P.Diddy Plays Daddy to Drunken Celebs!

After teaming up with Ciroc vodka, music mogul P.Diddy is taking it upon himself to make sure A-list celebs don't get behind the wheel after pounding back a few cocktails.
Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie and the hundreds of other Hollywood stars who've been busted drinking and driving can find relief in knowing there's a "cool" way of getting home safely when you're plastered off your you-know-what.
"After partnering with Ciroc vodka, he wants to make sure everyone's partying responsibly," says Diddy's rep.
And while the Making the Band host appears to have a good point, it seems rather unlikely that intoxicated celebs will call Diddy's service when they can't seem to call a cab/limo to take them home in the first place.
The most interesting part of the former rapper's new business adventure is premise of driving "famous celebrities" home.
What if Kim Kardashian or Heidi Montag call for a lift?
They're not "A-list celebrities" but they seem to think they are.
Read More